Lindsey's Top 5 1980s Tunes!
5. Patience - Guns n Roses What puts Patience at #5 is how real and raw it is. It was recorded all at once and in one take. Every time I listen to it I get goosebumps, especially towards the end when the guitars come back in and you can tell Axl Rose is just singing his heart out.
4. Photograph - Def Leppard No matter how many times I listen to this song, it never gets old which is pretty rare for me. The first time I heard it, I was instantly hooked from the iconic guitar riff to the outstanding notes that Joe Elliot hits. I would consider it a rock n roll masterpiece
3. Dancing with Myself - Billy Idol Dancing with myself is one of those songs that always puts me in a good mood. I love how upbeat and catchy it is. The first time I heard it, I had it on repeat for at least 3 days after. Even now, it's still my go-to song to jam out to.
2. Gypsy - Fleetwood Mac These next two songs I have a big emotional attachment to, and I was lucky enough to hear Gypsy live back in September. It was for sure one of the most sentimental moments of my life (I cried the whole time). For awhile this was my favorite song in the whole wide world, until my #1 pick beat it out.
1. Age of consent - New Order I could go on and on about this song for hours but to keep it short and sweet, this song is my go to song for everything. Im its #1 biggest fan and its #1 listener on Spotify. I would give my pinky toe to be able to hear it live. One of the things I love about it is how well the singer's voice matches the whole vibe of the song, never failing to hit.